The Sun Mesa development is on the eastern edge of Sun Valley. As of April 2019 Phase 1 and 2 have been built and the builder is requesting an extension of final map submission for Phase 3 and 4. This is for a total of 207 homes on 70 acres with an average lot size of 9583 sqft.
History of Project
- April 20, 2004 – Tentative Subdivision Map TM04-001 for Sun Mesa was approved by the Washoe County Planning Commission (PC) for 207 lots.
- March 14, 2006 – Phase 1 (50 lots) of the tentative subdivision map was recorded as Tract Map #4618, Document No. 3360640. Documents: 4618, 4618a, 4618b, 4618c
- February 6, 2007 – The PC approved a 1-year Extension of Time Request for the subdivision.
- May 16, 2007 – Phase 2 (54 lots) of the tentative subdivision map was recorded as Tract Map #4780, Document No. 3533088. Documents: 4780, 4780a, 4780b
- May 7, 2008 – The PC approved a 1-year Extension of Time Request for the subdivision.
- April 28, 2009 – The Board approved Development Agreement DA09-002, extending the deadline to file the next final map under Ordinance Number 1399.
- August 27, 2013 – The Board approved Amendment of Conditions AC13-006, updating the development agreement so that the deadline to record the next final map was extended to April 28, 2019.