Please take 10 minutes to support your neighbors opposing this irresponsible new development on the Evans Ranch property. The Rancho-IV development was denied by the Reno Planning Commission, but it was appealed to the City Council by the developer. It will be heard on January 26, 2022. You can conveniently write your City Councilmember based on your ward, or you can write all of them since they all get a vote on the project. I would copy the City Clerk too. It is very effective to call as well. The agenda is not yet posted for this meeting to indicate the order of agenda items to know when this appeal will be considered. With the pandemic conditions changing, the meeting could be remote.
- Road access is dangerously inadequate especially for evacuation in case of a wildfire.
- This is a popular area for hiking and recreation.
- This property is a wildlife corridor.
- The property is steep: grading and filling will despoil the hillsides and the wetland area.
- It is not consistent with the Reno master plan.