The reports are in from the candidates for campaign contributions through October 15, 2020. Here is a summary of what Reno Councilmembers and Washoe County Commissioners are getting from development interests.
Reno Ward-1 City Council
- Jenny Brekhus, incumbent: $10,050
- J D Drakulich, challenger: $136,880
Reno Ward-3 City Council
- Oscar Delgado, incumbent: $64,000
- Rudy Leon, challenger: $0
Reno Ward-5 City Council
- Neoma Jardon, incumbent: $75,299
- Darla Fink, challenger: $0
Reno At-Large City Council
- Devon Reese, incumbent: $95,450
- Eddie Lorton, challenger: $12,960
Washoe County Commission, District-1
- Marsha Berkbigler, incumbent: $24,500
- Alexis Hill, challenger: $3,800
Washoe County Commission, District-4
- Vaughan Hartung, incumbent: $20,475
- Marie Baker, challenger: $0
- Developers really want to see Drakulich defeat Brekhus. They would much rather see a realtor representing Ward-1 rather than an urban planner who will oppose irresponsible development.
- Developers have little love for the challengers. Other than Brekhus, the incumbents seem to be working for them just fine.
- The incumbent county commissioners don’t think they need to mount vigorous campaigns.
Previous post: WRAP Election Edition 2020
Excel file with detailed campaign contribution data
Delgado and Leon (not Leno) are running for ward 3, not ward 2
Thanks Jim, WordPress crashed and I typed it all over again in a hurry. I’ve updated the post online. Steve