He said it … I think he meant it. …
** MORATORIUM **
… did you feel the earth move?
It was at the end of tonight’s Planning Commission Meeting …
- Commissioner Chesney “What are we doing about the situation in Lemmon Valley?”
- Engineer Trevor Lloyd “The Board of County Commissioners is working on it.”
- … some murmurs …
- Commissioner Chesney “Shouldn’t we have some kind of moratorium on building there until that situation is sorted out?” Commissioners Horan and Lawson concur.
- Commissioner Chvilicek “Nathan, can we propose a moratorium?”
- Attorney Nathan Edwards “I think so, but I don’t have the statute in front of me. It would require Board of County Commissioners approval, so it may not be worth doing from the Planning Commission. I will report back to the commissioners. “
I strongly inferred that Lawson will press to advance a moratorium on construction in Lemmon Valley even if the Planning Commission can only propose it to the county commissioners.
DISCLAIMER: The above is not accurately verbatim. It is how I remember it: it happened pretty fast.