The Terrasante Development is located at the end of Callahan Road, South from the Mount Rose Highway. The Washoe County Planning Commission approved the tentative map in 2006.
Scope: 210 homes on 395 acres in 6 parcels. It was originally zoned for 2.5 acre lots. The development work only got as far as some deforesting the parcels and a little grading.
- Increased traffic on Callahan Road. The problem is compounded since both the new Terrasante Development and the new Ascente development will roughly double the homes in the area without adding any new roads.
- Fire evacuation is a grave concern with jammed traffic coming down Callahan Rd.. Many residents have horses: they need extra time to evacuate. There will be an emergency evacuation connection to Joy Lake Road but there will be a gate that is normally locked.
Status: Deadline for a final map has been delayed to June 6, 2021. Any changes to the tentative map will require a new review by the Planning Commission and public input. The deadline for submitting the tentative map has been extended repeatedly in contradiction to the intent of the development code. This is an example of a Zombie Project.
- On June 6, 2006, the Washoe County Planning Commission approved tentative subdivision map
case number TM06-004.
- On May 13, 2008, the Board adopted the Development Agreement for Terrasante (DA08-005,
ordinance number 1367.)
- On April 13, 2010, the Board approved a first amendment to the development agreement,
Amendment of conditions case AC10-002 (ordinance number 1435).
- Beginning in March of 2012, the Planning and Development Director granted annual one-year
extensions for filing the first map for 5 years in a row until March of 2016.
- June 13, 2017 the Washoe Commission approved an extension to June 2021 with a follow on one-year extension at the discretion of the planning manager.
Developer: Gateway Company
The original plan was called Callamont and advanced by Reynen-Bardis. The plan was abandoned due to market conditions. This plan was approved by the Planning Commission on June 6, 2006. Then extended to June 6, 2012. Change to Terrasante approved in 2008. The selling price history reflects the effect of the Great Recession.
- Reynen and Bardis bought the 6 properties, 2005 for $18,684,200
- Oreo Corp bought the 6 properties, April 2009 for $12,264,000
- Gateway Corp bought the 6 properties, December 2009 for $3,500,000
Note: a foot reconnaissance of the perimeter showed no recent vehicle passage or recent evidence of construction.
Tentative Map TM06-004
Extension DA08-005, 4/22/2008, till 6/6/2009