This development is on the south side of Route 80 in Verdi. The plan is for 6 “villages” built in stages for a total of 558 dwellings. Villages 1 & 2 are the first phase.
The first phase includes two “villages” on 53.6 acres. There will be 14 homes on 1-acre lots and 64 homes on 0.19-acre lots. The smaller homes may only be 8′ from the property line. This development has later phases to complete 5 “villages”. The developer claims there will only be 78 “peak hour trips” so a traffic study is not required. If many homes have two workers and maybe a university student, the number would exceed the number needed for a traffic study. Developer-funded traffic studies in the area are notoriously inaccurate favoring the developer.
- The existing homes are on wells. TMWA has bought the local water company and would plan to provide water to the new homes from a large well. This will likely lower the water table so that existing homes lose their water
- Piecemeal development means the developer is only showing the first phase to make it easier to expand the project later. This would be illegal in California.
- The optimistic plan would still leave the schools beyond capacity. The developer claims there will be few school-age children per household.
- Drainage is a problem in this area bringing an increased risk of flooding with the development.
- The current roads are only adequate for light traffic with two 1-lane bridges. Evacuation in case of fire will be very hazardous.
- Bringing in a high-density suburban development will drive away wildlife and spoil the rural character of the area. It is an environmentally sensitive area.
- Fire services will be inadequate for the additional residences. There is no likelihood that enough new resources will be added.
Reno Land Inc.
Reno Approves all of Meridian 120 South, 6/10/20
Meridian 120 South Approved (Mostly) , 2/21/20
Meridian South Villages 3-4 Continued, 10/4/19
Recent Events, 10/2/19
Overwhelming Verdi, 9/19/19
View from Verdi, 4/13/19
Villages 3 & 4: SUP revised 7/24/19
Villages 3 & 4: Tentative Map July 2019
Villages 3 & 4: Maps, July-2019
Villages 3 & 4: Drainage Report, May 2018
Meridian 120 South: Traffic Report, November 2017
City Council votes to grant another continuance to the developer: Reno.gov_030118
Meridian 120 South: Freeway Diverge report, 10/16/17
Meridian 120 South Plan: Tentative Map & Special Use Permit: 4/10/17
Developer website: meridian120.com
Developer website: Reno_Land
Developer area projects: Reno_Land