The Villas-II development at Keystone Canyon includes 272 multifamily dwelling units on 24 acres at the very north end of Keystone Avenue (just north of North McCarran). This is in an area at the edge of the south slope of Peavine Mountain.
- Increasing traffic for area residents
- Elimination of parking for Keystone Trail hikers
- In December of 1999, the Reno City Council approved a Master Plan Amendment to Special Planning Area (SPA); a zoning map amendment to Planned Unit Development (PUD); Special Use Permits for grading, cuts, and fills.
- The Keystone Canyon PUD Development Standards Handbook (formerly Keystone Community Campus), was adopted in February 2000 and was revised in September 2003, August 2004, and December 2011.
- A tentative map for Villas I & II was approved in 2015.
- The tentative map and special use permit were approved by the Reno Planning Commission in December 2017.