Plan to build 32 homes on 35 acres with sidewalks, curbs, and gutters, but no streetlights. They will have TMWA water and Reno sewer. They will incorporate a large drainage channel and storage ponds to limit flood drainage to the current level or less. The Golden Valley HOA is in favor of this project since it maintains the low density of the area.
- The location of the proposed development is currently underwater.
- The drainage channel will flow to Swan Lake if there is flooding on the new property which will then contribute to flooding in the common basin.
- The lift station will pump sewage to a treatment plant that is presently underwater.
- How do we know the hydrology report is accurate? There is no plan for an independent review and the county engineer will not review the technical merit. These reports are notoriously inaccurate or misleading.
- There is no bond to cover damage to existing homeowners if there is additional flooding caused by the new development.
Moonlight Hills Estates LLC, Reno
Axion Engineering, Reno
The North Valley CAB has decided to go to the Washoe Planning Commission to seek more detailed information (2/12/18).